Friday, January 22, 2010

Visible Embellishment Storage



When I talk about embellishments I'm talking about buttons, stickers, rub-ons, pre-cut die shapes, tags, flowers, rhinestones, etc.  I store these items in 2 major different ways; visable and non-visable.  I store all my flowers in the containers they were bought in on the top shelf, then underneath I have an in-expensive curtain rod I got from IKEA.  It is customizable to the exact length you want.  Remember when purchasing a hanging system like a curtain rod and hooks not to buy one that involves taking off the rod evrey time you want to add a new embellishment to it.  You want to get one that has hooks instead of rings.  I store any embellishments that come in a flat package, in their original packaging, hanging from this wire rod.  Some people like the deskop "Clip-it-up" version from Simply Renee, but I prefer mine up and off the table.  I group them mostly by manufacturer so that when I pull out a paper divider (as shown in my Patterned Paper post) I can easily get the matching embellishments to go with it.  Sometimes I buy kits with PP and the matching embellishmens and it will come with stickers or die cuts that are on a 12" x 12" sheet.  These sheets get stored with the PP as they do no fit depth wise from the hanging wire rod.

2 comments:

MJ said...

love the pics of your room, very nice :) I'm going to IKEA soon, thanks for the info of the curtain rod idea :)

have a nice sunday
MJ

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

I've popped over from Crafty Storage love all of your ideas, especially this embellishment area. It is a way to really help you see what you have. :)

Post a Comment